Swisslog's first CarryPick solution for DB Schenkerby ASC Staff on Feb 23, 2015
DB Schenker Logistics will be the first to implement Swisslog's CarryPick solution, part of the Swisslog Click&Pick e-commerce portfolio, for its customer Lekmer.com, Scandinavia’s largest online toy retailer.
Automation specialists Swisslog will deliver its newly developed order fulfilment system to the global logistics provider, in Arlandastad, Sweden.
"Together with Swisslog, we have developed an inventory management solution that is unique for online businesses in Europe. This is designed to deliver levels of productivity that exceeds all manual solutions in the industry," said Anders Holmberg, business development manager of DB Schenker Logistics, in a statement from Swisslog.
The CarryPick solution will consist of 65 Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs), 1,500 mobile racking units and seven ergonomic workstations, installed together with Swisslog's proprietary control systems, WarehouseManager.
This is the first time that the full scale CarryPick solution will be implemented; designed together with DB Schenker Logistics to provide Lekmer.com with an automated supply chain delivering faster order processing, higher quality and lower handling costs.
"This order is a breakthrough for us in many ways," said Hans Sparf, Swisslog's head of Nordic sales & consulting.
“Not only are we excited to be delivering our first CarryPick solution, we are also delighted to work together with DB Schenker Logistics in implementing this unique automated solution in their Logistics Center in Arlandastad,” he added.
Swisslog's Click&Pick e-Commerce portfolio consists of several modules that are combined into customised, scalable solutions, including conveyors, lifting technology, software and other innovative technologies such as AutoStore, SmartCarrier and CarryPick.
- Swisslog's first CarryPick solution for DB Schenker
- Swisslog celebrates sale of 1,000th AutoStore robot
- CEVA Logistics and Kanoo in material handling deal
- SSI Schaefer Middle East boss confirms retirement
- SSI Schaefer marks progress with DLC headquarters
- PHOTO SPECIAL: FAMCO's Linde Challenge, Abu Dhabi
- Aramex wins first 'Linde Challenge' in Abu Dhabi
- Saudi firm hails success of CHEP pallet contract
- Zayani Motors to launch hybrid forklift in Bahrain
- IN PICS: EPS opens Dubai Logistics City office