DIP attracts 436 new companies during Jan-June 2015by Sarah Jacotine on Aug 4, 2015
Dubai Investments Park (DIP), a self-contained community offering a mix of residential, commercial & industrial zones and wholly-owned by Dubai Investments (DI), has attracted 436 new companies in the first five months of 2015.
This growth brings the total number of companies within the 2,300-hectare development to nearly 4,500 and represents a 20% increase in commercial space allotmentted compared to the same period in 2014..
New companies have leased warehouses, distribution centres, office spaces and light industrial units across a total area of 580,000 square feet.
The sub-tenants include Splash Gulf LLC, Majan Food Industries, Galaxy Metal Industries, Four Zone Décor, Royal Cosmetics and 4 Corner General Trading.
"The massive growth in number of DIP sub-tenants this year is a sign of the growing reputation of DIP, as it continues to evolve into a self-contained city-within-a-City and the most sought-after destination for businesses eyeing good return on investments,” said Omar Al Mesmar, general manager of DIP.
He added: “Over the last 15 years, Dubai Investments Park’s strategy has centered on supporting UAE’s GDP by attracting big businesses across a wide array of sectors to its industrial park.
"Apart from world-class logistics, DIP offers a business-friendly environment and strategic location – both for local consumption and access to key transit points in order to cater to the export markets.”
Warehousing, storage and commercial facilities have traditionally played a pivotal role in the success of DIP and there are dedicated plots where companies can custom-build warehouses to meet requirements.
DIP's infrastructure includes140-km of internal road network and well-integrated water and electricity systems.
Approximately 59.5 million square feet of space within DIP is readymade facilities, which includes warehousing and industrial units.
- DIP attracts 436 new companies during Jan-June 2015
- Initial units handed over at Almarkaz logistics hub
- Dubai Industrial City launches phase 2 of logistics hub
- Bahrain Polytechnic visits Majaal warehouse centre
- Dubai Refreshments opens new distribution centre
- First Bahrain hails Gulf Industry Fair success
- Ford to open parts distribution centre in Dubai
- Caterpillar Logistics to establish hub in Dubai
- Mercedes-Benz celebrates Dubai logistics milestone
- Demand to increase for MENA logistics units