Home / EVENT: King of Forklifts crowned at Dubai trade show
EVENT: King of Forklifts crowned at Dubai trade showby Sarah Jacotine on Sep 16, 2015
George Kumi of Diesel Technic has been crowned 2015 Forklift Operator of The Year at Materials Handling Middle East 2015, a three-day event taking place in Dubai this week.
On Tuesday, Kumi came out on top of 77 contestants from throughout the UAE after successfully navigating three tonnes of electric forklift machinery through narrow spaces, replicating a tight warehouse environment.
Mohammed Aaga from Aramex came in second and Imran Khan Jay from Baqer Mohibi Enterprises was third.
Kumi, who has been driving forklifts since 2010, said: “It feels tremendous. I didn’t think it would end like this. I was a little surprised that I won. I knew I had done well, but I thought my friend had taken the lead from me early. From where I come from, we had a lot of training, which played its part in the final result but it was really a lot of fun and I’m really happy.”
Ahmed Pauwels, CEO of Messe Frankfurt Middle East, organiser of Materials Handling Middle East, said: “We congratulate all our winners today, and would also like to show our appreciation to all the participants, jury members, and the Dubai Roads and Transport Authority (RTA), for all their support of this inaugural event, which started as small idea, but turned into something much greater.”
Materials Handling Middle East concludes on Wednsay 16 September.
- Materials Handling ME attracted 30% more visitors
- EVENT: King of Forklifts crowned at Dubai trade show
- Materials Handling Middle East 2015 kicks off
- Investments driving renewed materials handling activity
- Cabka-IPS to present Hygienic i7.1 at Dubai trade show
- Human-robot interaction demos for Materials Handling ME
- INTERVIEW: Ahmed Pauwels, Messe Frankfurt Middle East
- Materials Handling ME organiser posts strong H1 results
- Materials Handling ME exhibition space sells out
- SHOW SNAPSHOT: Materials Handling Middle East