Fetchr logistics app now available in Bahrainby ASC Staff on Mar 15, 2016
Fetchr, the award winning UAE-based shipping & logistics start-up, has announced it is rolling out its service to Bahrain.
Using cutting edge technology, Fetchr aims to overcome shipping challenges where the lack of addressing systems troubles businesses and consumers in the region.
The start-up’s proprietary technology allows scheduling package pick-up and delivery using smartphones and their GPS capabilities.
Using your phone as your delivery address is only one of a suite of technologies Fetchr has launched to enable people to “Ship Happy”.
Fetchr, is the first top tier Silicon Valley funded app in the MENA region. It has successfully raised USD 11 million in Series A funding – the largest US based venture funds investment in the Middle East for a Series A round.
“Fetchr is committed to the cause of innovation, and believes that Bahrain’s telecoms sector holds massive potential for new ideas beneficial to startups and to the country as a whole. The core of Fetchr’s offering will remain the same: offering superior customer experience using the latest technology in delivering packages straight to the customer's phone. The value proposition remains intact,” said Fetchr’s CEO and founder, Idriss Al Rifai.
Fetchr’s proprietary technology offers an intuitive solution to parcel pickup and drop in a region where address systems can be difficult to navigate. It uses proprietary technology to schedule pickup and delivery using mobile phone GPS coordinates.
The app enables peer-to-peer transactions while also facilitating business needs, providing superior and faster performance. Fetchr is available for download in the Apple App Store and Google Play.
- Fetchr logistics app now available in Bahrain
- Bahrain logistics delegation visits Germany
- Tamkeen offers logistics training to 200 Bahrainis
- Japan releases CCTV images of FedEx crash
- Alba logistics department supports Bahrainisation
- Logistics excellence centre opened in Abu Dhabi
- DHL Express receives customs honour from Bahrain
- Gulftainer aligns with Arab logistics federation
- Kuehne + Nagel expands UAE logistics team
- UAE is rated Gulf region's top logistics hub