Home / Hellmann says Leaders in Logistics is a key opportunity
Hellmann says Leaders in Logistics is a key opportunityby ASC Staff on Nov 3, 2016
Hellmann Worldwide Logistics, the global logistics and 3PL giant, has signed on as a sponsor of the Leaders in Logistics summit taking place on November 8th, 2016.
A spokesperson from Hellmann said that the company is an innovative solutions provider and that they felt the Leaders in Logistics Conference would be the best platform for them to present their brand and their expertise on the industry.
Why is it important that you support the Leaders in Logistics Summit?
Being one of the major player in the market, it is critical for us to be present in this event. Also it is great platform for networking and expand our brand profile.
What do you think are the main challenges facing the logistics industry in 2016?
Drop in Oil prices are the biggest challenge in the region. Government spending is affected. This challenging times provide opportunity for company like us since most of the large trading house will look at logistics cost as an important element of their business. We need to gear up our solutions that help them with their challenges.
What most excites you about the UAE logistics industry in 2016?
Hellmann is an innovative solutions provider and what excites us most is that the market is now more solution-driven where customers are looking for specialised and customized ways and VAS to enhance their supply chain; as earlier compared to regular freight forwarding solutions. GPS tracking on trucks, mobile applications for ease of use, E-commerce, automatic customs clearance, e-AWB to name a few.
What are the main topics you expect to come up at the Leaders in Logistics Summit?
We expect to see discussions over topics like logistics trends over the next 03 years, how automation will support looking at 2020, developing GCC countries and their increased professionalism in non-oil-revenue generating sources, how to maintain our edge and remain specialists in an era of mergers and acquisitions.
What are the latest product/service launches from your company?
We are very proud to announce that we have recently launched a Track & Trace mobile application which has been taken very well by our customers worldwide. We have also begun to actively work for fairs and exhibitions logistics, postponement activities in Healthcare and round-the-clock dedicated services for perishable logistics.
We were recently awarded the “GCC Employer Brand Award 2016” by Employer Branding Institute, endorsed by Asian Confederation of Businesses.
Also, we plan to have 100 talent development programs for our employees and Middle East merger with South Asia due to aligning synergies.
What other news can we expect from your company in 2016/2017?
2017 is going to be another action-packed year with:
1. Our chemical warehouse expansion
2. Increased number of customers post the third successful expansion of our Healthcare facility
3. Further development in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia
4. Continued growth in E-commerce
5. People and talent development in line with “Right people, right talent, higher productivity in competitive market”
6. And of course ongoing growth in all sectors
- COMMENT: Localising supply chains
- FOCUS: Tackling food waste in the Middle East
- COMMENT: Growing logistics sector a cause for concern?
- Dubai Trade celebrates graduation of 270 trainees
- FOCUS: Opportunities for growth for logistics companies
- Comment: Personal relationships key in GCC logistics
- COMMENT: Advantage of CPFR in dyadic supply chains
- COMMENT: Essential tips for China sourcing
- Leaders in Logistics 2016 conference huge success
- M&A panel talks outlook for GCC at Leaders in Logistics