Home / New fashion 3PL launches in Dubai
New fashion 3PL launches in Dubaiby ASC Staff on Dec 5, 2016
Logistics Fashion Trading DWC has launched a 3PL centre in Dubai South targeting the fashion sector, offering storage and transport solutions for fashion retailers.
This purpose-built temperature controlled, multi-tier fashion logistics centre is one of the largest of its kind in Dubai with a 500,000 sq ft multi-tier bin storage system that provides 220,000 bin locations.
“The opening of this all new logistics centre at DWC Free zone heralds an all important step forward in offering the most efficient retail replenishment and pick & pack operation for the truly demanding fashion retailers in the region,” said Miles Young, CEO, Logistics Fashion Trading DWC.
“Speed to market and product availability at retail stores are two key deliverables of this centre for LFT to become the industry authority for those seeking to outsource retail logistics services,” he added.
The unmatched speed, connectivity and flexibility in logistics that DWC offers is a major advantage. DWC has a unique multimodal platform with a highly integrated and efficient sea, road and air network. “This helps our client to cut distribution costs as well as shipment lead-time,” says Young.
He added that the idea behind this investment is the realisation of scarcity of dedicated 3PL space for fashion products in Dubai. The efficiency of fashion storage and effectiveness of pre-retailing activities have been factored in the very design of this modern 3PL facility.
LFT’s vision is to be recognized as the leader of fashion logistics in Dubai by 2020 through consistent retailer satisfaction, he added.
- FOCUS: Secrets to supply chain efficiency in the GCC
- Hirschmann Automotive turns to AXIT
- Aramex profits surge by 37% despite rocky 2016
- COMMENT: Localising supply chains
- FOCUS: Tackling food waste in the Middle East
- COMMENT: Growing logistics sector a cause for concern?
- Dubai Trade celebrates graduation of 270 trainees
- New fashion 3PL launches in Dubai
- FOCUS: Opportunities for growth for logistics companies
- Comment: Personal relationships key in GCC logistics