Home / Souq.com to offer same day delivery across GCC by H1
Souq.com to offer same day delivery across GCC by H1by ASC Staff on Dec 14, 2016
Souq.com in November, 2016 announced it was offering same-day delivery for the first time, initially in the emirate of Dubai. Wisam Daoud, chief operating officer, Souq.com, says that plans are underway to expand same day to all its major markets.
“We want to do same day not just in Dubai, but in Abu Dhabi as well, in Riyad, in Cairo,” he says. “We’ll be expanding to the entire UAE in the first quarter of next year. You’ll see us offering same-day in major metros across the region in the span of the first half of next year. This is a service that we’re quite keen on, and we want to bring it to the majority of the masses.”
Daoud sees same-day delivery as the future of e-commerce logistics. “There is something delightful about being able to go on an app, click on a product and in the span of a few hours you have it in your hand. That’s the kind of shopping experience we want to bring to consumers, it’s never been done to this scale in the region before.”
“By the first half of 2017, we want it to be available in most of the major cities of the GCC,” he says.
- Amazon reveals futuristic floating warehouse concept
- Souq.com to offer same day delivery across GCC by H1
- Amazon.com in talks to buy Souq.com in its entirety
- FOCUS: Logistics of an e-commerce start-up
- Saudi Arabia to launch $1bn e-commerce platform
- SOUQ.com enhances logistics with same-day delivery
- Dubai-based Fetchr and Patel form JV for e-commerce
- PayPal and Aramex launch online logistics portal
- Aramex seeking up to two e-commerce acquisitions
- INTERVIEW: Shailen Shukla, Jumbo's head of logistics