Home / Cruise ship suffers blackout while in port in Abu Dhabi
Cruise ship suffers blackout while in port in Abu Dhabiby ASC Staff on Dec 23, 2016
Costa neoRiviera suffered loss of all electricity on-board during a port call in Abu Dhabi Wednesday, according to the cruise website Cruise Arabia & Africa.
The ship switched to emergency power for several hours during the afternoon after power was lost.
According to staff aboard the ship, who asked to remain anonymous, a fault with one of the ship’s aft generators caused the loss of power.
All essential onboard systems remained fully functional during the ‘blackout’ with some parts of the ship’s corridors and internal areas in darkness.
Costa neoRiviera sailed on time from Abu Dhabi at midnight, bound for Dubai, where she spent a night in port without further incident.
- Clyde & Co expands MENA shipping practise
- Hamad Port now a firm fixture for MSC Shipping
- Maersk turns to Riverbed for global digitisation
- Passengers missing from Dubai cruise ship in The Gambia
- Celebrity Constellation ship to get major refit in May
- Cruise ship suffers blackout while in port in Abu Dhabi
- Nakilat brings ship operations in-house for LNG tanker
- Khalifa Port celebrates 5-million container milestone
- Hapag-Lloyd set to win EU approval for UASC merger
- THE Alliance shipping partnership targets Middle East