Cruise ship suffers blackout while in port in Abu Dhabiby ASC Staff on Dec 23, 2016
Costa neoRiviera suffered loss of all electricity on-board during a port call in Abu Dhabi Wednesday, according to the cruise website Cruise Arabia & Africa.
The ship switched to emergency power for several hours during the afternoon after power was lost.
According to staff aboard the ship, who asked to remain anonymous, a fault with one of the ship’s aft generators caused the loss of power.
All essential onboard systems remained fully functional during the ‘blackout’ with some parts of the ship’s corridors and internal areas in darkness.
Costa neoRiviera sailed on time from Abu Dhabi at midnight, bound for Dubai, where she spent a night in port without further incident.
- Celebrity Constellation ship to get major refit in May
- Cruise ship suffers blackout while in port in Abu Dhabi
- Tasneef and ADNOC expand classification collaboration
- OSC has GCC's most valuable bulkers
- Ince & Co advises UASC on new order
- Kuwait Oil Tankers Company to buy nine more oil tankers
- Pirates attack German cargo ship off Omani coast
- Bahrain shipbuilder issues expansion update
- UASC celebrates breakthrough at Hamburg terminal
- GAC completes acquisition of Finnish ship agency