Home / Abu Dhabi Terminals oversee underwater clean-up
Abu Dhabi Terminals oversee underwater clean-upby ASC Staff on Dec 27, 2016
Abu Dhabi Terminals (ADT) has completed an underwater clean-up operation at Khalifa Port in cooperation with Al Mahara Diving Centre and Tadweer Waste Treatment LLC.
The project was organised to ensure the protection and sustainability of the marine ecosystem and took place on November 22. ADT volunteer divers, members of Al Mahara Diving Centre, and Tadweer dived to the depths of the port’s waters to search for any garbage that may have collected in the berths.
The event was instigated by ADT when it called out to experienced divers to take part in the clean-up and attracted participation from both the public and private sectors.
Similar cleanups have been held in the past and as a result the divers commented that the port was already quite clear of garbage and that any debris gathered was small.
“We are delighted to hold events like this. Not only do we want to make sure the marine stays clean and unpolluted, but we also wish to raise awareness of the importance of preserving and protecting our natural assets,” said Abu Dhabi Terminal chief executive officer, Martijn Van De Linde. “We are merely custodians of this splendid resource and we are committed to protecting it as much as we can,” he added.
The event highlighted ADT’s unwavering commitment to the protection of the marine environment and ecological system, particularly at a time when this environment is facing threats and potential challenges from pollution, waste, and urban development.
- Abu Dhabi Ship Building inaugurates floating dry dock
- Plenty of opportunities: Shamisi, CEO, Abu Dhabi Ports
- Abu Dhabi Terminals oversee underwater clean-up
- Kuwaiti plastics company invests in KIZAD
- Abu Dhabi Ports gears up for IPCSA Conference
- Abu Dhabi Ports looks to tap Indian investors for Kizad
- Abu Dhabi Ports net profit jumps 77% during H1
- New STS cranes and RTGs for Khalifa Port
- Khalifa Port third-fastest growing port globally
- Abu Dhabi Ports' Zayed Port first to deploy Jade system