Home / Celebrity Constellation ship to get major refit in May
Celebrity Constellation ship to get major refit in Mayby ASC Staff on Jan 10, 2017
Celebrity Cruises’ 294m cruise liner Celebrity Constellation is to undergo a comprehensive refit in May, 2017 following the completion of her first ever Middle East cruise season, reports Cruise Arabia & Africa.
The 2,038-passenger Constellation is currently sailing roundtrip from Abu Dhabi on a number of Arabian Gulf and Indian cruise itineraries and has been confirmed to return to the Middle East cruise market for a further two seasons due to unprecedented demand.
The refit in May was meant to be a purely technical overhaul of the 2002-built ship, but a Celebrity Cruises official said that she will now be significantly refurbished as well.
Celebrity Constellation was last refit in 2013 and Cruise Arabia & Africa reports that there will be significant changes to the ship’s restaurants and dining options.
- Passengers missing from Dubai cruise ship in The Gambia
- Celebrity Constellation ship to get major refit in May
- Emirates and Dubai Cruise Terminal may link systems
- Nakilat brings ship operations in-house for LNG tanker
- Khalifa Port celebrates 5-million container milestone
- Hapag-Lloyd set to win EU approval for UASC merger
- THE Alliance shipping partnership targets Middle East
- DMCA enters strategic agreement with DNV GL
- Qatar to Bahrain ferry to launch next year – report
- Freightos launches freight rate calculator