Fetchr buys Bahrain courier company in expansion pushby ASC Staff on Mar 20, 2017
Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo Group (YBA Kanoo), one of the largest family-owned multinational businesses in the Middle East has announced that its courier service, KRT has been acquired by Fetchr.
The acquisition marks a move to enter a new partnership that will elevate the service levels for its customers with cutting edge technological solutions.
Fetchr, the UAE-headquartered technology start-up, has disrupted the delivery and logistics industry in the region by tackling the common difficulties of having “no actual address” in emerging markets.
Fetchr’s proprietary technology offers an intuitive solution to parcel pickup and drop-off in a region where address systems can be difficult to navigate. It uses a patented technology to schedule pickup and delivery using mobile phone GPS coordinates. The app enables peer-to-peer transactions while also facilitating business needs.
“It is time to service KRT’s clients’ needs with a highly-digitalized offering. Fetchr is a very successful technology driven e-commerce facilitator that will provide our partnership with an enhanced service and exceptional experience,” said YBA Kanoo group CEO, Dr Patrick Chenel.
"I am delighted to have the chance to further solidify the relationship with YBA Kanoo,” said co-founder of Fetchr, Idriss Al Rifai. “We are very happy to be associated with such a group that has deep roots and reach across the region. We have a solid vision that will bring us to work together to solve customers’ needs that have not been supported by traditional logistics companies."
- Amazon buys Souq.com for reported half a billion
- Alabbar's Noon.com set to launch "within weeks"
- DP World to benefit from Panama Canal expansion
- Kuwait’s Agility expands Singapore contract logistics
- Fetchr buys Bahrain courier company in expansion push
- Mall for the World e-com platform debuts in Middle East
- REPORT: Impala and MCL form strategic partnership
- Mateen Express raises salaries despite uncertain market
- Logistics Middle East Awards deadline extended
- 5 reasons to nominate in Logistics Middle East Awards