WCA Pharma Network creates new certification processby ASC Staff on Mar 20, 2017
WCA specialty network – WCA Pharma – has created a new global standard for the shipping and logistics of pharmaceutical and life science products. The certification process will be included, free of charge, to all WCA Pharma members.
“Our goal is to set a new international standard for the supply chain for pharmaceutical and life science products,” said Adam McKenna, managing director of WCA’s Pharma network. “By doing so, we’ll be able to ensure that our members’ services far surpass current industry standards for quality and compliance.”
Final validation, for companies that are already engaged in the certification process, will be held at the World Specialty Logistics Fair (WSLF), this June, in Miami, Florida. Members who pass will be presented their certification at the WSLF awards dinner.
“We are aiming for higher than the EU, GDP, CEIV and PIC/s (Annex 15) said McKenna. “WCA members who are certified will truly be the best of the best in pharmaceutical and life sciences logistics and handling. In time, we are confident that this validation process will become the international standard in the sector.”
WCA Pharma is a specialty logistics group under WCA, Ltd and is the world’s leading pharmaceutical logistics network of independent forwarders operating to the highest GDP standards. WCA Pharma members have the experience, know-how and expertise to handle pharmaceutical products, from clinical trials, APIs healthcare (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients), plasma, to bio pharma, and controlled drugs.
WCA is the world’s largest and most powerful network of independent freight forwarders, with over 6,350 member offices in 191 countries around the world. The combined logistics might of the WCA membership exceeds that even of the world’s largest multinational freight forwarders. WCA members’ global market share is increasing significantly every year.
- WCA Pharma Network creates new certification process
- EEG hosts discussion on supply chain sustainability
- Panalpina prepares for 3D future with Dubai South hub
- Carrefour launches largest FMCG distribution hub in GCC
- Unipart Rail, Arabian Railway Co. to form Joint Venture
- FOCUS: Ford’s parts depot logistics
- Patchi UAE first in DIP to get Halal certification
- Souq.com expands e-com logistics with 6-million books
- Aramex boost courier productivity with Citrix NetScaler
- Globe Express Services (GES) deploys CargoWise One