Oman Air talks up bmi codeshareby ASC Staff on Apr 3, 2011
Oman Air and bmi have inked a codeshare agreement that will allow Oman Air’s customers to book flights from Oman’s capital of Muscat to Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Belfast or Manchester, via London Heathrow.
Bmi’s customers will be able to book flights from any of the airline’s UK departure points through to Muscat.
The codeshare agreement came into effect on April 1 and customers will be able to book flights through either Oman Air or bmi outlets.
Oman Air’s Chief Executive Officer, Peter Hill, said: “We are delighted to be joining with bmi to offer customers even greater choice, value and convenience. Both Oman Air and bmi offer outstanding service and this codeshare partnership will not only extend the range of options open to each airline’s customers, but will also encourage visitors to both Oman and the UK and promote tourism between the two countries.
“Visitors to the UK will now be able to combine Oman Air’s legendary hospitality between Muscat and London with bmi’s excellent service and range of final destinations. Customers flying to Oman from the UK will be able to choose the most convenient airport for their departure and enjoy their flight with bmi, secure in the knowledge that their welcome to the Sultanate will start as soon as they board the aircraft.”
Oman Air uses the Airbus A330 on the Muscat-London route.
Joerg Hennemann, bmi’s chief commercial officer, said: “Bmi customers enjoy extensive connectivity at Heathrow with our many partner airlines to destinations around the globe.
“Our new codeshare with Oman Air further extends our global reach and will enable seamless and convenient travel connections for customers of both airlines between the Sultanate and key regional cities of the UK.”
- Air Partner's New Freight Business Development Manager
- Middle East air cargo demand continues to erode
- Qatar Airways plane makes emergency landing due to fire
- FOCUS: Logistics of Solar Impulse 2's historic flight
- Wind shear possible cause of Emirates crash landing
- Emirates plane bursts in flames in Dubai crash landing
- Dubai flight diverted due to security concerns
- Emirates ID can now be used for e-Gate at airport
- Emirates flight makes emergency landing
- Dubai flight makes emergency landing due to bomb scare