Home / Top 10: Arab Airlines by Seat Numbers 2011
Top 10: Arab Airlines by Seat Numbers 2011by Robeel Haq on Dec 28, 2011
More than 3.5 million seats are currently offered by Arab airlines each week, around 7.4 percent higher than last year, but which of the region’s carriers are leading the pack?
1. Emirates Airline
November 2011 Seats Per Week: 909,764
Emirates, the most successful airline in the Middle East, continued its aggressive international growth over the past year, with the launch of various new routes as well as increased capacity on existing services. As a result, it has edged closer to becoming the region’s first carrier to offer one million seats a week – a milestone that could be achieved in the next couple of years.
According to the November 2011 figures from Innovata, a total of 909,764 seats are offered per week by Emirates Airline, which is around 6.8 percent higher than the corresponding month in 2010 and nearly double the amount of its nearest competitor on this list.
- Top 10: Skytrax World Airport Awards 2012 Winners
- TOP 10: Emerging Logistics Markets 2012
- Top 10: Etihad's Most Popular Destinations in 2011
- Top UAE Airports: Air Traffic Movements 2011
- Top 10: Arab Airlines by Seat Numbers 2011
- Top 10 Middle East Airports 2011 by Cargo Volumes
- Top 10: Middle East Carriers by Revenue in 2010
- Top 10: Global Airlines Based On Carbon Efficiency
- Top 5: Freight Forwarding Companies in 2010
- Top 10: Air Cargo Operators 2010 According To IATA