Home / SPECIAL REPORTS / Top UAE Airports: Air Traffic Movements 2011
Top UAE Airports: Air Traffic Movements 2011by Robeel Haq on Jan 16, 2012
Top UAE Airports: Air Traffic Movements 2011
The United Arab Emirates celebrated its highest number of air traffic movements ever in 2011, with the General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) reporting a total of 683,389 movements for the year, an increase of 7.6 percent in comparison to 2010 levels. The daily average also highlights a continued boom in UAE aviation over the past decade, from a humble 736 movements in 2001 to a record 1900 movements last year. The impressive growth was attributed to the “prosperity of business and tourism” in the UAE by Saif Mohammed Al Suwaidi, director general of the GCAA. “The government has adopted a policy to encourage the signing of air service agreements on the basis of open skies with countries across the region and the world, and to provide a competitive environment for airlines," he states. “This has translated in a greater number of registered companies and a hike in the number of air traffic movement.” To celebrate the achievement, ArabianSupplyChain.com examines the UAE’s different sources of air traffic movements in 2011.
9. Al Ain International Airport (1925 air traffic movements in 2011)
The least number of air traffic movements in the UAE last year was reported at Al Ain International Airport. In total, movements totalled 1925 for the year, out of which 1012 were arrivals and 913 were departures. The airport’s busiest month was July 2011.
- Meet the better half of our industry
- Top 10: Skytrax World Airport Awards 2012 Winners
- TOP 10: Emerging Logistics Markets 2012
- Top 10: Logistics Middle East's global port challenge
- Top 10: Etihad's Most Popular Destinations in 2011
- Top UAE Airports: Air Traffic Movements 2011
- Top 10: Arab Airlines by Seat Numbers 2011
- Top 10 Middle East Airports 2011 by Cargo Volumes
- Top 10: Middle East Warehouse Hubs 2011
- Top 10: Middle East Carriers by Revenue in 2010