Home / Dubai logistics firm GAC Int. opens base in Sri Lanka
Dubai logistics firm GAC Int. opens base in Sri Lankaby ASC Staff on Apr 26, 2012
GAC International Moving has opened a base in Sri Lanka’s capital Colombo, the Dubai-headquartered firm announced today, making this its second centre on the subcontinent following an expansion into India last month.
Preethilal Fernando, CEO of GAC Sri Lanka, revealed that this latest expansion was timed to capitalize on a rising Sri Lankan economy and an increase in the movement of people and goods into and out of the country.
“The demand for moving services by relocating executives is geared for growth, and the launch of GAC’s International Moving services in Sri Lanka is timely to ride this wave,” he said. “The newly-launched services complement the suite of shipping and logistics services we already provide in Sri Lanka, thus making us a one-stop integrated shipping, logistics and related services provider.”
Jeremy Enas, who headed the International Moving Division in GAC Qatar for seven years, has been appointed as the General Manager for Sri Lanka.
- DHL Express Qatar adds electronic proof of delivery
- WATCH: Highlights of the SCATA 2013 Awards
- Agility wins 5yr deal with Kuwait National Petroleum Co
- Supply Chain Case Study: Jumbo Electronics
- Watch: Move that put Almajdouie into the Guinness Book
- Interview: Paul Floyd, Managing Director, Famco
- CILT launches new advanced logistics diploma in Dubai
- Dubai Customs once again top CEN achiever
- Geodis Wilson wins BIC logistics contract in Dubai
- Globe Express Services to open headquarters in the UAE