Home / SPECIAL REPORTS / Top 10: Skytrax World Airport Awards 2012 Winners
Top 10: Skytrax World Airport Awards 2012 Winnersby ASC Staff on May 6, 2012
Top 10: World's Best Airports 2012 According To Skytrax
The winners of Skytrax’s World Airport Awards 2012 were announced at the recent Passenger Terminal Expo in Vienna, with the global ranking dominated by Asia’s leading aviation hubs. According to Skytrax, the awards are based on 12.08 million survey questionnaires completed by over 100 different nationalities of airline customers during a nine-month period in 2011/2012, covering more than 388 airports worldwide. Various factors were taken into consideration, including ease of access (getting to and from the airport), terminal design and comfort, seating facilities, cleanliness, staff attitude, and customer perception of airport security and safety standards.
ArabianSupplyChain.com takes a look at the 10 airports voted the best in the world.
10. Central Japan International Airport
This year’s top 10 global ranking was completed by Central Japan International Airport in Nagoya, which also won the Best Regional Airport Asia award. "Nagoya delivers a pleasant passenger experience through a combination of terminal design, passenger facilities and staff service. Customers were particularly praiseworthy of the organised and efficient terminal environment and the ease of accessing the airport whether by road, rail or sea,” stated Skytrax.
- Top 10: Skytrax World Airport Awards 2012 Winners
- TOP 10: Emerging Logistics Markets 2012
- Top 10: Etihad's Most Popular Destinations in 2011
- Top UAE Airports: Air Traffic Movements 2011
- Top 10 Middle East Airports 2011 by Cargo Volumes
- Top 10: Middle East Carriers by Revenue in 2010
- Top 10: Global Airlines Based On Carbon Efficiency
- Top 5: Freight Forwarding Companies in 2010
- Top 10: Air Cargo Operators 2010 According To IATA
- Top 10: Top Airlines For 2010 According To IATA