Home / Food Logistics Forum to take place in November
Food Logistics Forum to take place in Novemberby ASC Staff on Sep 30, 2012
When transporting food involves billions of dollars in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region, it is imperative that logistics specialists are on the pulse of latest developments to ensure the industry is continually thriving.
To address the issue, logistics experts will converge at the Food Logistics Forum, co-located with the three specialist food shows Seafex, Speciality Food Festival and Sweets and Snacks Middle East, at Dubai World Trade Centre on November 20 and 21. The Food Logistics Forum is the first platform of its kind where logistics specialists from food and beverage companies in the MEA will share new developments and devise strategies that sustain the region’s phenomenal market growth.
With substantial investments in infrastructure in the Middle East, the region is receiving significant attention from transportation and logistics players worldwide. The UAE imports 90% of its food and is at the centre of a USD9.4 billion market serving the GCC, Middle East and Africa. Dubai is the third largest re-exporter of food in the world and according to Booz & Co statistics, the GCC’s logistics market is valued at USD27 billion.
Food transportation brings unique logistics challenges with new supply routes, demand dynamics and investment re-shaping the future of the GCC food logistics industry. The Food Logistics Forum will gather 150 global and regional logistics industry leaders, regulators and key influencers from the demand chain together to address industry concerns, hold interactive sessions on regulations, supply chain management, challenges, innovations as well as discuss opportunities in the food logistics arena. Hot topics include: bridging the gap between regulators and the industry, habits that make successful managers, reasons why supply chains fail, benchmarking supply chain performance, advice on importing from emerging countries and efficient inventory control management practices.
Among the food logistics experts who will speak at the event are:
- Asia Abdulwahab, Head of Studies and Food Planning, Dubai Municipality
- Mohsen Ahmad, Director of Stakeholder Relationship and Operation Development, Dubai World Central
- Geert Swinnen, Supply Chain Head, Aujan Industries
- Michael Fell, Manager Fresh Food, Emarat
- Dina Khairo, Scientific Regulatory Affairs and Nutrition, Director, PepsiCo
- Aamir Mehdi, Operations Head, Fonterra
- Alex Borg, Regional Director and Coordinator, Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT)Jamie Ferguson, Regional Manager MENA, Meat & Livestock Australia
- Mike Lee, SVP – Logistics, Al Tayer Group
Dubai World Central is an Exclusive Lead Sponsor of the Food Logistics Forum with DP World, GlobeExpress and Mirnah as Silver Sponsors. Partners of the event are Strategic Partner, Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT); Knowledge Partner, Euromonitor International; Supporting Partner, Dubai Municipality and Freight Forwarding Partner, National Association of Freight Logistics
- Agility expands African CSR commitment
- NAFL underscores commitment to training GCC nationals
- Agility and board member Al-Saleh singled out by Forbes
- Aramex launches new app for UAE customers
- Omani state firm set up to handle logistics investments
- India's PIL in JV with Saudi-based Nationwide Group
- GAC makes logistics appointments in Middle East
- British Telecom to transform Panalpina communications
- Qatar's Tokyo Freight named Best Partner at WCA awards
- FOCUS: China and UAE logistics