Qatar Air reschedules Abu Dhabi, Muscat flightsby Andy Sambidge on Jan 2, 2013
Qatar Airways rescheduled flights from two of the airline's key destinations in the Middle East - Muscat and Abu Dhabi.
The change in flight timings to and from Doha, the airline's hub, which came in effect on January 1, will offer passengers more convenient and improved connections to destinations across Europe, The Americas and the Far East, the airline said in a statement.
Qatar Airways currently operates 31 flights a week to the Omani capital Muscat, a route launched 12 years ago while the UAE capital is served six-times-a-day.
Qatar Airways said it will reschedule flight QR 169 which will depart Muscat at 10.20pm instead of 11.30pm and QR 173, which will depart Muscat at 12.20am instead of 6.45am.
Qatar Airways is expanding its operations in Oman next summer with the launch of four flights each week to Salalah, the country's second largest city, beginning May 22, taking weekly capacity to Oman up to 35 flights.
Abu Dhabi will also have enhanced flight timings from the start of the New Year, the airline said.
It has rescheduled flight QR 123, departing Abu Dhabi at 6.50am daily, instead of 10.40pm.
Qatar Airways CEO Akbar Al Baker said "These new timings will significantly enhance our product offering, ensuring our passengers have more convenient flights and connections, part of our overall strategy to improve our service levels.
"Muscat and Abu Dhabi are among our most popular markets here in the Gulf and it was only fitting that we work with the respective airport authorities to improve our presence in these key cities," he added.
- Middle East air cargo demand continues to erode
- Qatar Airways plane makes emergency landing due to fire
- FOCUS: Logistics of Solar Impulse 2's historic flight
- Wind shear possible cause of Emirates crash landing
- Emirates plane bursts in flames in Dubai crash landing
- Dubai flight diverted due to security concerns
- Emirates ID can now be used for e-Gate at airport
- Emirates flight makes emergency landing
- Dubai flight makes emergency landing due to bomb scare
- Allegedly drunk pilots arrested before flight