Year in jail for drunk, naked man on Qatar flightby ASC Staff on Jan 16, 2013
By Francesca Astorri
A man was sentenced to one year in jail and fined QAR1,000 (US$274) by a Qatari criminal court for being drunk and sexually harassing air hostesses during a Qatar Airways flight.
The 30-year old man, whose nationality was not disclosed and was only identified as being Muslim, was heavily intoxicated when he kissed a hostess on her lips.
He then went to the washroom and got undressed while leaving the door open, after which he shocked passengers by parading around naked, the court heard.
When he slapped another member of the cabin crew on her back, the hostesses reported the matter to the captain, who informed authorities at the Doha International Airport.
Qatar Airways staff kept the passenger quiet until the plane landed, with security personnel waiting for him at the airport. He was then questioned by police and charges were filed against him for sexually assaulting hostesses and drinking alcohol.
- Emirates ID can now be used for e-Gate at airport
- Emirates flight makes emergency landing
- Dubai flight makes emergency landing due to bomb scare
- Allegedly drunk pilots arrested before flight
- Airbus and Boeing end $65bn battle at Farnborough
- All Turkish Airlines flight to US banned by FAA
- Emirates Airline puts Chicago to test with A380
- Parker Aerospace opens new facilities for Middle East
- Flight from Dubai forced to land due to burst tyre
- Virgin and Delta move cargo handling under one roof