Year in jail for drunk, naked man on Qatar flightby ASC Staff on Jan 16, 2013
By Francesca Astorri
A man was sentenced to one year in jail and fined QAR1,000 (US$274) by a Qatari criminal court for being drunk and sexually harassing air hostesses during a Qatar Airways flight.
The 30-year old man, whose nationality was not disclosed and was only identified as being Muslim, was heavily intoxicated when he kissed a hostess on her lips.
He then went to the washroom and got undressed while leaving the door open, after which he shocked passengers by parading around naked, the court heard.
When he slapped another member of the cabin crew on her back, the hostesses reported the matter to the captain, who informed authorities at the Doha International Airport.
Qatar Airways staff kept the passenger quiet until the plane landed, with security personnel waiting for him at the airport. He was then questioned by police and charges were filed against him for sexually assaulting hostesses and drinking alcohol.
- Qatar's new aviation hub boosts cargo volume in July
- Aviation firm to create 1,200 jobs in Saudi
- Etihad Airways to create 1,000 jobs for Emiratis
- Ajman Crown Prince approves $571m airport plans
- DAFZA expands to meet companies' demand for freezone
- Dubai International could close - Dubai Aiports CEO
- $32bn design plans approved for Al Maktoum Int'l
- Dubai-based charter firm in emergency evacuation ops
- Jeddah airport expansion 70% complete
- Cargo activity rises at Abu Dhabi Int'l