Year in jail for drunk, naked man on Qatar flightby ASC Staff on Jan 16, 2013
By Francesca Astorri
A man was sentenced to one year in jail and fined QAR1,000 (US$274) by a Qatari criminal court for being drunk and sexually harassing air hostesses during a Qatar Airways flight.
The 30-year old man, whose nationality was not disclosed and was only identified as being Muslim, was heavily intoxicated when he kissed a hostess on her lips.
He then went to the washroom and got undressed while leaving the door open, after which he shocked passengers by parading around naked, the court heard.
When he slapped another member of the cabin crew on her back, the hostesses reported the matter to the captain, who informed authorities at the Doha International Airport.
Qatar Airways staff kept the passenger quiet until the plane landed, with security personnel waiting for him at the airport. He was then questioned by police and charges were filed against him for sexually assaulting hostesses and drinking alcohol.
- Midfield Terminal Building Abu Dhabi milestone reached
- Man sues Etihad after sitting next to obese passenger
- Etihad denies receiving $2.6bn gov't subsidies in 2014
- Etihad highlights Emirati women's role in aviation
- GCC airport construction 2015-19 to grow by 8%
- Kuwaitis part of $3bn bid to buy London City Airport
- Tender by Oman ministry for Musandam's new airport
- Fate due of pilot pictured with model in cockpit
- Two Saudi aircraft collide at Jeddah airport
- Tender floated for the expansion of UAE airport