Year in jail for drunk, naked man on Qatar flightby ASC Staff on Jan 16, 2013
By Francesca Astorri
A man was sentenced to one year in jail and fined QAR1,000 (US$274) by a Qatari criminal court for being drunk and sexually harassing air hostesses during a Qatar Airways flight.
The 30-year old man, whose nationality was not disclosed and was only identified as being Muslim, was heavily intoxicated when he kissed a hostess on her lips.
He then went to the washroom and got undressed while leaving the door open, after which he shocked passengers by parading around naked, the court heard.
When he slapped another member of the cabin crew on her back, the hostesses reported the matter to the captain, who informed authorities at the Doha International Airport.
Qatar Airways staff kept the passenger quiet until the plane landed, with security personnel waiting for him at the airport. He was then questioned by police and charges were filed against him for sexually assaulting hostesses and drinking alcohol.
- Drunken sailor jailed after rampage on Dubai flight
- Dubai Int'l freight volumes grows by 3% in September
- German plane clips control tower in Algeria
- Saudi aviation authority ordered to improve
- UAE signs open skies agreement with Sierra Leone
- UAE to have third largest air cargo market by 2018
- Outlook for air freight demand is improving-IATA
- Saudi airspace among most dangerous in the world
- Asian airspace congestion could impact airlines' growth
- Saudi rejects airport criticism