Year in jail for drunk, naked man on Qatar flightby ASC Staff on Jan 16, 2013
By Francesca Astorri
A man was sentenced to one year in jail and fined QAR1,000 (US$274) by a Qatari criminal court for being drunk and sexually harassing air hostesses during a Qatar Airways flight.
The 30-year old man, whose nationality was not disclosed and was only identified as being Muslim, was heavily intoxicated when he kissed a hostess on her lips.
He then went to the washroom and got undressed while leaving the door open, after which he shocked passengers by parading around naked, the court heard.
When he slapped another member of the cabin crew on her back, the hostesses reported the matter to the captain, who informed authorities at the Doha International Airport.
Qatar Airways staff kept the passenger quiet until the plane landed, with security personnel waiting for him at the airport. He was then questioned by police and charges were filed against him for sexually assaulting hostesses and drinking alcohol.
- Gulf airlines: Trump’s ban has ‘insignificant impact’
- Emirates flight cancelled due to snake
- Tech firm working with Dubai on drone tracking system
- Parker Aerospace opens new facilities for Middle East
- All passengers believed killed in flydubai crash
- Severe turbulence forces emergency landing, 21 injured
- Chennai flights suspended, Indian expats collect aid
- ATW named Etihad Airline of the Year 2016
- Saudi's King Khaled Int'l Airport to be privatised
- New $100m aviation facility confirmed for Dubai South