Year in jail for drunk, naked man on Qatar flightby ASC Staff on Jan 16, 2013
By Francesca Astorri
A man was sentenced to one year in jail and fined QAR1,000 (US$274) by a Qatari criminal court for being drunk and sexually harassing air hostesses during a Qatar Airways flight.
The 30-year old man, whose nationality was not disclosed and was only identified as being Muslim, was heavily intoxicated when he kissed a hostess on her lips.
He then went to the washroom and got undressed while leaving the door open, after which he shocked passengers by parading around naked, the court heard.
When he slapped another member of the cabin crew on her back, the hostesses reported the matter to the captain, who informed authorities at the Doha International Airport.
Qatar Airways staff kept the passenger quiet until the plane landed, with security personnel waiting for him at the airport. He was then questioned by police and charges were filed against him for sexually assaulting hostesses and drinking alcohol.
- OSC has GCC's most valuable bulkers
- Gulf Aviation in deal with Bahrain Polytechnic
- Shell develops lead-free replacement for Aviation fuel
- PHOTOS: Etihad's 10th birthday party
- flydubai Cargo goes paperless
- DWC hosts delegates from Abu Dhabi Conference
- Emirates SkyCargo increases capacity to Stockholm
- Ince & Co advises UASC on new order
- Dubai's dnata expands operations in Philippines
- United Airlines to use Emirates' Mercator cargo systems