Year in jail for drunk, naked man on Qatar flightby ASC Staff on Jan 16, 2013
By Francesca Astorri
A man was sentenced to one year in jail and fined QAR1,000 (US$274) by a Qatari criminal court for being drunk and sexually harassing air hostesses during a Qatar Airways flight.
The 30-year old man, whose nationality was not disclosed and was only identified as being Muslim, was heavily intoxicated when he kissed a hostess on her lips.
He then went to the washroom and got undressed while leaving the door open, after which he shocked passengers by parading around naked, the court heard.
When he slapped another member of the cabin crew on her back, the hostesses reported the matter to the captain, who informed authorities at the Doha International Airport.
Qatar Airways staff kept the passenger quiet until the plane landed, with security personnel waiting for him at the airport. He was then questioned by police and charges were filed against him for sexually assaulting hostesses and drinking alcohol.
- Virgin and Delta move cargo handling under one roof
- BCEGI will build a US$15-million logistics centre
- Trebling Dubai’s cargo-handling capacity
- Manchester Airport records record freight
- World’s largest cargo aircraft delivers to Abu Dhabi
- Aviation industry shaken as another plane crashes
- EgyptAir says plane missing over Meditteranean
- Dnata in talks to buy second North American operator
- Italian police claim Dubai is an EU drug transit hub
- Airliner shreds tires in near collision on runway