Home / UPS launches new urgent heavyweight air freight service
UPS launches new urgent heavyweight air freight serviceby ASC Staff on Jan 22, 2013
UPS announced a new express air freight service for urgent, time-sensitive and high-value international heavyweight shipments.
The UPS Worldwide Express Freight is an extension of the UPS Worldwide Express package portfolio and offers customers a seamless experience between shipping express package and express freight.
Customers now can ship pallets over 70 kg (150 lbs.) as easily as packages exclusively within UPS’s global air network from 37 origins – including United Arab Emirates – to 41 destination countries and territories.
This day-definite, door-to-door service with a money-back guarantee* features some of the fastest times in transit in the industry, including overnight shipping from Europe, the Asia Pacific region,, and the Americas to the United States. Two-day shipping is available to Europe from Asia Pacific, the United States, and the Americas.
“Global commerce is vital for our customers and UPS Worldwide Express Freight helps companies get to market faster, capture more business and boost their competitiveness,” said Ed Buckley, UPS president of marketing. “Our customers depend on the speed, reliability and visibility that UPS provides with our package express services. Customers, particularly in the industrial manufacturing, automotive, high-tech, retail and healthcare segments, have asked us for the same features for their urgent freight shipments.”
UPS Worldwide Express Freight service offers many of the same features as UPS’s Worldwide Express package service, including automated shipment preparation, online tracking and proactive notification technology. In addition, both express freight and package shipments are consolidated into one bill.
- Aramex inks deal with Tata Consultancy Services
- COMMENT: Supply chain visibility is key
- COMMENT: Is your supply chain ready for Millennials?
- INTERVIEW: Tiby Varghese, Verks Global Logistics
- Saudia Cargo appoints ACP Worldwide as South Africa GSA
- Centre Point Logistics stresses enhanced safety in GCC
- UPS accelerates progress towards sustainability goals
- INTERVIEW: Mohammed Mohebi, CEO, Mohebi Logistics
- TANAP awards major Turkish logistics contract to CEVA
- Materials Handling Middle East refocuses amid growth